Thursday, October 20, 2011

Barack Obama Doesn't Like His Daughters Watching the Kardashians, Says Michelle

We live in a Kardashian nation, but President Barack Obama isn't exactly a fan of reality TV's royal family!
First Lady Michelle Obama tells iVillage that her hubby, 50, doesn't like Sasha, 10, and Malia, 13, keeping up with Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian's antics on the boob tube.
PHOTOS: The Obama family is just like Us!
Michelle, 47, says that like most parents, she and Barack regulate how much TV their daughters watch and what they're allowed to see. "Barack really thinks some of the Kardashians -- when they watch that stuff -- he doesn't like that as much," she told iVillage.
PHOTOS: Kardashian family album
"But I sort of feel like if we're talking about it, and I'm more concerned with how they take it in -- what did you learn when you watched that," Michelle explained. "And if they're learning the right lessons, like, that was crazy, then I'm like, okay."
PHOTOS: Kim's wedding day pics
While the Kardashian family is known for their big spending (Kim purchased a $325,000 Ferrari earlier this month), their upbringing wasn't entirely different from Sasha and Malia's.
Michelle tells iVillage she doesn't want her girls raised as "little princesses."
PHOTOS: The Obama family album
"They have to make their own beds, to clean up their rooms," she says. "Sasha has started doing the laundry. Malia was supposed to be doing it but [Sasha] is really into laundry."
Khloe, 27, told Babycenter last month about her "Cinderella" upbringing. "When I turned twelve, my mom's housekeeper was not allowed to enter my room," she said. Kris Jenner told her at the time: "You're twelve now. You do all your own laundry. You make your bed."
VIDEO: Khloe talks about doing chores growing up
Khloe said when Kendall and Kylie Jenner were born, "I had to do all the dishes and I cooked for them. But honestly now, I'm a great cook and I'm OCD clean and I like that my parents did that."

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment